Please note the Humane Society of Sedona does not have a position for Administrative Assistant currently available. Those positions listed below are current.
THRIFT STORE DRIVER AND WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Part time (2 days/week) Starting salary $16/hr.
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
The Thrift Store Driver and Warehouse Associate works under the direction of the Thrift Store Manager to ensure that assigned tasks are fully completed effectively and efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver or pick-up merchandise/donations courteously and with gratitude, utilizing the Humane Society of Sedona truck from/to either Thrift Store.
- On occasion pick up/deliver items to/from Shelter or other locations as directed by Manager.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck contents and placing in appropriate location(s).
- Strategize scheduling for most cost-effective deliveries & pick-ups.
- Fully complies with Humane Society of Sedona’s policies and procedures, including customer service, merchandising, housekeeping and organizational standards.
- Follows protocols to open and close store as needed.
- Acts as Cashier/Salesperson as needed.
- Perform all duties in a high level, customer relations manner.
- Report truck maintenance and repair needs and carry out as approved.
- Other duties as assigned by Thrift Store Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a clean driving record and valid Arizona Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of warehouse equipment, tools and ability to assist with small repairs.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Conduct responsibilities in most weather conditions.
- Carry-out deliveries/pick-ups at locations and in situations as seen fit for safety and protection of all and everything involved.
Must be able to carry items while moving around in possibly tight places. Squat, bend, kneel and stand during assigned work shift. Must be able to lift heavy articles jointly, which may exceed 350 lbs. and also individually lift up to 50lbs.
ANIMAL CARE ASSOCIATE
We are looking for a positive and compassionate person to join our team of dedicated Animal Care staff at the Humane Society of Sedona. Below are some of the qualities we are looking for. If you would like to see the complete job description, please click here
- The Animal Care Associate is responsible for providing superior animal care to shelter animals and excellent customer service to adopters, guests, and volunteers
- The incumbent provides hands-on care, cleaning, feeding, and enrichment of all shelter pets.
- Actively promotes shelter animals for adoption and professionally assists all potential adopters find the right match.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an animal care environment preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must possess a genuine passion for animals and their welfare.
- Be willing and able to pass a background check.
- Will work primarily on-site at animal care facility, with the occasion off-site special and mobile events.
- Indoor and outdoor working environment with frequent high temperatures and exposure to sun.
- There is a potential of exposure to parasites and infectious diseases that can be carried and transmitted by animals.
- Must be able to stand and walk (up to 8 hours per day), sit, talk and hear, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, grasp grip, put fingers together firmly and reach above and below shoulder level and lift, push or pull 50 pounds for situations of restraining or moving animals and lifting food and animal care supplies, repetitively use hands to operate computers; flex the neck upward and downward; twist the neck and the waist.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides consistent humane animal care for all cats, dogs, rabbits, other small domestic animals in our care.
- Completes daily cleaning routines, maintaining assigned areas in a clean, organized and professional manner.
- Provides kennel enrichment, training, and socialization to the animals in assigned areas.
- Monitors the health of shelter animals; follows established procedures if symptoms of illness arise based on the degree of illness or injury, and works collaboratively with the medical department to address the needs of the animal.
- Provides medical treatments as needed
- Conducts Intake Examinations, including vaccinations, on all new animals according to protocols. Accurately and completely enters animal information into the animal management database
- Assists potential adopters in the selection of animals. Leads visitations and shares all information collected about the animal with the adopter.
PART-TIME THRIFT STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
Part-Time Thrift Store Sales Associates Wanted! The Humane Society of Sedona is seeking Part-Time Sales Associates for the thrift stores in Sedona with the following experience: sales, retail, and excellent customer service. Positive and friendly people should apply to assist shoppers and process donations. This is a physical job, must be able to lift 50 pounds. Competitive wages.
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE LEAD
The Guest Services Representative Lead performs all of the duties of the Guest Service Representative and also specific lead duties namely ensures the public areas on the first floor are clean, tidy and safe, updates and provides training on shelter database, PetPoint, monthly reporting, and licensing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Guest Services:
- Demonstrates courteous and friendly manner and provides exceptional customer service to all guests by promptly greeting them in an open friendly manner, in person and on the phone, helping to answer questions, directs them to the right person or department, and follows through as needed. Provides accurate information in a clear and concise manner in accordance with HSS policies.
- Professionally and with empathy receives animals from the public and gathers accurate information on surrender forms.
- Schedules animals for surrender from service and non-service areas, including customers on waiting list as directed by the Director of Operations and/or Shelter Manager.
- Actively remains current and updated on promotions, shelter services, shelter programs and adoption efforts. Seeks out relevant information, shares with coworkers, and presents information in a concise format for volunteers and staff.
- Facilitates movement of animals from lobby area to animal care area as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of client and animal information into shelter management software, management of pending applications, clinic schedules, appointments, payment processing, including Lost/Found book and website for adoptable animals.
- Uses every available resource to trace and match lost and found pets with their owners.
- Processes sale of dog licenses following protocol and procedures.
- Ensures microchip information is processed completely and timely.
- Cleans, prices, creates pleasing displays and promotes Lobby Shop merchandise to adopters and guests.
- Professionally solicits donations and promotes giving opportunities to guests, accepting monetary and in-kind donations, accounting for each accurately.
- Maintains front desk files of paperwork (adoptions, licenses, etc.) and processes files for storage as needed.
- Maintains proper paperwork and filing in appropriate locations.
- Cleans the public areas of the top floor (lobby, 2 front offices, bathrooms, and conference room) and empties trash. Ensures the public areas are always tidy and clean.
- Maintains all office equipments at the front desk ensuring is in good working order.
- Maintains upstairs office supply closets.
- Professionally and positively works with all volunteers assigned to the front desk providing them with training, mentoring, and enriching work.
- Enters all animal information into PetPoint, including medical procedures performed, and creates Adoption Folders for every animal awaiting adoption. Coordinates information collection from Animal Care Supervisor/Shelter Manager. Makes folders as soon as possible to promote animals being made available for adoption asap.
- Assists with clerical duties from other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Lead Guest Service Duties:
- Produces an accurate monthly report at the end of every month detailing the number of adoptions, strays, RTO, etc. and submits to the Executive Director.
- Maintains shelter database, PetPoint, and ensures the information entered is correct. Trains staff and volunteers on usage as needed. Creates and maintains training documents/SOPs on the usage of PetPoint.
- Maintains a FAQ binder with up to date and accurate information.
- Maintains and updates HSS website.
- Ensures all Guest Relations staff and volunteers are updated with all necessary new information using the Communication Log. Send emails as needed.
- Orders license and HSS tags ensuring they are ready for use when needed.
- Prepares and files archived documents labeling properly for ease in locating in the future.
- Orders office supplies for front desk and other HSS departments comparing prices as needed to ensure the lowest price is paid.
- Prepares and mails monthly license renewal reminders
- Maintains volunteer and staff uniform inventory.
- Enters volunteer paper applications into Volgisitcs.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
- Volunteer supervision, lead, train, or participate in work team assignments.
- Front Desk staff supervision, lead and train
- Performs any other duties assigned by supervisor in accordance to HSS policies as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Ability to perform basic clerical and bookkeeping skills.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to process complex verbal and written instructions and translate them into a series of logical problem solving steps.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to fluently speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to write legible on HSS forms, reports and documents.
- Ability to operate a desktop PC, 10 key calculator and related peripheral computer equipment.
- Ability to perform cash handling and credit card functions.
- Ability to answer all questions effectively and in a pleasant manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to interact productively with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to adhere to disease management and safety protocols.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and volunteers of diverse background and cultures regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or political affiliation.
- Ability to work in a team oriented and frequently changing environment.
- Ability to work under stress during transition, crisis or disaster situations.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to provide and support HSS’s vision and direction.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear for extended period of times.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must be able to place and retrieve information in and from the shelter management system.
- The employee must be able to utilize phone system, 10-key calculator, copier, scanner, desktop PC and related peripheral computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this Job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will be required to handle, restrain, lift and have contact with domesticated animals.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to bend and use legs, arm and back muscles without discomfort.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to and comes in close contact with domestic animals; therefore, the employee cannot be allergic to these animals.
- The employee is required to adhere to company personal appearance policy and wear supplied uniform shirts/jackets when required.
- The employee may be required to work extended hours during an animal transport, company-defined crisis or disaster situation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to domesticated animals and susceptible to being bitten or scratched.
- Clerical aspects of job are performed in office setting.
- While performing the duties of this Job, work is performed constantly in an animal shelter that operates seven days per week with exposure to animals, including some with questionable health and temperament concerns, high noise levels, zoonotic diseases, and cleaning agents.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee frequently positions self to handle animals of all sizes in a variety of areas and positions (low cages, high cages, on tables, on the floor, in vehicles, etc.).
- The noise level in the work environment varies from low to moderate levels.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a customer service position, preferably in an animal care or humane society environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong organization and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge, proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with database use is desired.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.