Please note the Humane Society of Sedona does not have a position for Administrative Assistant currently available. Those positions listed below are current.
THRIFT STORE DRIVER AND WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Part time (2 days/week) Starting salary $16/hr.
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
The Thrift Store Driver and Warehouse Associate works under the direction of the Thrift Store Manager to ensure that assigned tasks are fully completed effectively and efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver or pick-up merchandise/donations courteously and with gratitude, utilizing the Humane Society of Sedona truck from/to either Thrift Store.
- On occasion pick up/deliver items to/from Shelter or other locations as directed by Manager.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck contents and placing in appropriate location(s).
- Strategize scheduling for most cost-effective deliveries & pick-ups.
- Fully complies with Humane Society of Sedona’s policies and procedures, including customer service, merchandising, housekeeping and organizational standards.
- Follows protocols to open and close store as needed.
- Acts as Cashier/Salesperson as needed.
- Perform all duties in a high level, customer relations manner.
- Report truck maintenance and repair needs and carry out as approved.
- Other duties as assigned by Thrift Store Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a clean driving record and valid Arizona Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of warehouse equipment, tools and ability to assist with small repairs.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Conduct responsibilities in most weather conditions.
- Carry-out deliveries/pick-ups at locations and in situations as seen fit for safety and protection of all and everything involved.
Must be able to carry items while moving around in possibly tight places. Squat, bend, kneel and stand during assigned work shift. Must be able to lift heavy articles jointly, which may exceed 350 lbs. and also individually lift up to 50lbs.
ANIMAL CARE ASSOCIATE
We are looking for a positive and compassionate person to join our team of dedicated Animal Care staff at the Humane Society of Sedona. Below are some of the qualities we are looking for. If you would like to see the complete job description, please click here
- The Animal Care Associate is responsible for providing superior animal care to shelter animals and excellent customer service to adopters, guests, and volunteers
- The incumbent provides hands-on care, cleaning, feeding, and enrichment of all shelter pets.
- Actively promotes shelter animals for adoption and professionally assists all potential adopters find the right match.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an animal care environment preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must possess a genuine passion for animals and their welfare.
- Be willing and able to pass a background check.
- Will work primarily on-site at animal care facility, with the occasion off-site special and mobile events.
- Indoor and outdoor working environment with frequent high temperatures and exposure to sun.
- There is a potential of exposure to parasites and infectious diseases that can be carried and transmitted by animals.
- Must be able to stand and walk (up to 8 hours per day), sit, talk and hear, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, grasp grip, put fingers together firmly and reach above and below shoulder level and lift, push or pull 50 pounds for situations of restraining or moving animals and lifting food and animal care supplies, repetitively use hands to operate computers; flex the neck upward and downward; twist the neck and the waist.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides consistent humane animal care for all cats, dogs, rabbits, other small domestic animals in our care.
- Completes daily cleaning routines, maintaining assigned areas in a clean, organized and professional manner.
- Provides kennel enrichment, training, and socialization to the animals in assigned areas.
- Monitors the health of shelter animals; follows established procedures if symptoms of illness arise based on the degree of illness or injury, and works collaboratively with the medical department to address the needs of the animal.
- Provides medical treatments as needed
- Conducts Intake Examinations, including vaccinations, on all new animals according to protocols. Accurately and completely enters animal information into the animal management database
- Assists potential adopters in the selection of animals. Leads visitations and shares all information collected about the animal with the adopter.
PART-TIME THRIFT STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
Part-Time Thrift Store Sales Associates Wanted! The Humane Society of Sedona is seeking Part-Time Sales Associates for the thrift stores in Sedona with the following experience: sales, retail, and excellent customer service. Positive and friendly people should apply to assist shoppers and process donations. This is a physical job, must be able to lift 50 pounds. Competitive wages.