When you volunteer at the Humane Society of Sedona, you’re joining a family of volunteers and staff committed to providing love and support for the homeless pets in our care. As a volunteer, you’ll be helping homeless animals receive the loving care and second chances for happiness they deserve.
Whether you socialize cats, walk dogs, assist with administrative duties or help at one of the thrift stores, you can make a huge difference in the lives of the animals at Humane Society of Sedona!
– Administrative Assistant
– Cat Adoption Counselor at PetSmart
– Cat Team (cleaning and socializing)
– Dog Team (cleaning and socializing)
– Donation Canister Collection Program
– Adoption Events
– Foster – cats or dogs
– IT/ Graphic Design
– Kids & Kritters Camp
– Laundry/ Dishes
– Maintenance at the shelter
– Fundraising Events
– Social Media
– Thrift Store – VOC or West Sedona
Email our Volunteer Coordinator for other opportunities not listed.
Interested in Community Service Opportunities?
Check out our COMMUNITY SERVICE PAGE
Volunteer Program Requirements:
• AGE: Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer independently. Youth volunteers ages 13yrs – 15yrs can volunteer with a parent or guardian.
• TIME COMMITMENT: Volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of six months. Animal teams require a commitment of 2-3 hours per week during that six months. Other opportunities require a once a month commitment. Can’t meet this requirement, but still want to volunteer? Check out our COMMUNITY SERVICE PAGE
• Volunteers must be able to follow written and oral instructions for safety reasons.
• Volunteers will need to attend a New Volunteer Orientation class via Zoom where we provide an overview of our services, philosophies, and an introduction to our volunteer program. We ask that volunteers cover the cost of their own uniform shirts ($12) and name badges ($5). Once you submit your online application, a Zoom link for New Volunteer Orientation will be sent to you.
Volunteer Application Process:
1. VOLUNTEER APPLICATION – complete online (see application below) or in person.
2. NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION – Attend one orientation class via ZOOM.
3. INTERVIEW- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator via Zoom or by phone to go over your strengths and expectations for volunteering.
4. TRAINING – attend the training classes via Zoom and/or hands-on training for your volunteer role.
Who to contact about the Volunteer Program:
If you have any questions or need further information, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call (928) 282-4679.