**WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS AT OUR THRIFT STORES, PAWS WEST AND PAW PRINTS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE ANIMALS, PLEASE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND WE WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH MORE INFORMATION PERSONALLY.**
CURRENTLY VOLUNTEERING AT THE SHELTER IS RESTRICTED DUE TO OUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO KEEP OUR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS HEALTHY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
When you volunteer at the Humane Society of Sedona, you’re joining a family of volunteers and staff committed to providing love and support for the homeless pets in our care. As a volunteer, you’ll be helping homeless animals receive the loving care and second chances for happiness they deserve.
Whether you socialize cats, walk dogs, assist with administrative duties or help at one of the thrift stores, you can make a huge difference in the lives of the animals at Humane Society of Sedona!
– Administrative Assistant
– Cat Adoption Counselor at PetSmart
– Cat Team (cleaning & socializing)
– Dog Team (cleaning, socializing)
– Donation Canister Collection Program
– Adoption Events
– Foster – cats or dogs
– IT/ Graphic Design
– Kids & Kritters Camp
– Laundry/ Dishes
– Maintenance at the shelter
– Fundraising Events
– Social Media
– Thrift Store – VOC or West Sedona
Email our Volunteer Coordinator for other opportunities not listed.
Interested in Community Service Opportunities?
Check out our COMMUNITY SERVICE PAGE
Volunteer Program Requirements:
• AGE: Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer independently. Youth volunteers ages 13yrs – 15yrs can volunteer with a parent or guardian.
• TIME COMMITTMENT: Volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of six months. Animal teams require a commitment of 2-3 hours per week during that six months. Other opportunities require a once a month commitment. Can’t meet this requirement, but still want to volunteer? Check out our COMMUNITY SERVICE PAGE
• Volunteers must be able to follow written and oral instructions for safety reasons
• Volunteers will need to attend New Volunteer Orientation where we provide an overview of our services, philosophies, an introduction to our volunteer program and a tour of the shelter. As part of the volunteer application process, we ask for a $15 donation at orientation to help cover the costs of your volunteer uniform, volunteer handbook and name badge. Orientations are held monthly at the shelter (see schedule below).
Volunteer Application Process:
1. VOLUNTEER APPLICATION – complete online (see application below) or in person.
2. NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION – sign up for and attend one orientation class.
3. INTERVIEW- meet with the Volunteer Coordinator to go over your strengths and expectations for volunteering.
4. TRAINING – attend the training classes and/or hands-on training for your volunteer role.
Who to contact about the Volunteer Program:
If you have any questions or need further information, contact our Volunteer Coordinator:
Sarah Porter at email@example.com or call (928) 282-4679.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Humane Society and appreciate your support!
Humane Society of Sedona
Phone: 928.282.4679, Ext 213